Old Market Place Blue Plaque
Old Market Place 1791
Facing this plaque was the Old Market Place. Lord Suffield obtained a Market Charter from George III in 1791 to hold a weekly market and three annual fairs. Suffield built warehouses, a market house and shambles at his own expense.
[dt_button size=”medium” animation=”none” icon=”” icon_align=”center” color=”#59d600″ link=”https://firstname.lastname@example.org,-2.1977102,3a,75y,310.1h,87.71t/am=t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sGzfnTgIxdFXpUtF0BLMQKA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656″ target_blank=”true”]Google View[/dt_button]
27 Long Street, Middleton