The Duke of Wellington Hotel Blue Plaque

The Duke of Wellington Hotel Blue Plaque

The Duke of Wellington Hotel (former)

Grade II Listed

C.1750

The Duke Of Wellington Hotel Blue Plaque

Originally a wealthy wool merchant’s residence, this building became the Duke of Wellington Hotel in 1810, and was the leading coach house in Rochdale for many years. In front of this hotel, the “Speaker’s Corner” hosted a crowd of 8,000 following the Reform Act of 1832.

[dt_button size=”medium” animation=”none” icon=”” icon_align=”center” color=”#59d600″ link=”https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.6169083,-2.1566403,3a,75y,95.77h,89.28t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1slpcqrXNoE5qlxjeEWTNOKw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656″ target_blank=”true”]Google View[/dt_button]

Nile Nightclub, Drake Street, Rochdale

One comment

Leave a Reply