Champness Hall Blue Plaque
Champness Hall Opened 8th September 1925
This hall bears the name of Thomas Champness (1832-1905), a Methodist minister and pioneer in lay training and community projects. His friend, Charles Heap J.P. founded the ‘Rochdale Mission’ which was housed in this building, so named in commemoration of Champness. Regular worship sessions were held in the Art Deco style auditorium, the centrepiece of the hall.
[dt_button size=”medium” animation=”none” icon=”” icon_align=”center” color=”#59d600″ link=”https://email@example.com,-2.1548161,3a,75y,236.82h,103.87t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sKJp-nf-eygPu3VmYQOUi_w!2e0!7i13312!8i6656″ target_blank=”true”]Google View[/dt_button]
Kim Williams Is it still used, and did Jimmy Hendrix really appear there?
Please add comments below?